Participate in SSI 2014
Who Participates in SENCER Summer Institutes?
SENCER welcomes participation by individuals, groups, or teams from colleges, universities, not-for-profit organizations, K-12 systems, government agencies, community-based organizations, informal education venues, and more.
Participants include educators, administrators, staff members, and others. Undergraduate and graduate students are also welcome to participate and contribute their perspectives on improving education.
Participation in the Institute is by invitation following submission of an application that indicates your interest in participating in the Institute and review by SENCER staff. If you are interested in participating in SSI 2014, you must submit an application in the appropriate category by April 1, 2014. SENCER staff will be in touch with all applicants on April 7, 2014 regarding the review and status of participation.
Categories of Participation
Individual representatives are those attending the Institute solo, often as a representative for future group or team participation in the Institute, or as an alumnus of a past team participation. Individuals are welcomed and special sessions are held during Group/Team Time on the SSI agenda.
Groups are defined as two or three people attending the Institute together for a common purpose. Group members are not required to be from the same institution.
Teams are defined as four or more people attending the Institute together. Team members are not required to be from the same institution. Teams are assured consideration for NSF-sponsored Post-Institute Implementation Awards. Information about the grants and how to apply will be distributed during SSI 2014.
SENCER-ISE or Engaging Mathematics Partners
Please note, if you are required to attend SSI 2014 as part of the SENCER-ISE or Engaging Mathematics initiatives, you will receive separate instructions on how to register for the Institute.
All invited participants are responsible for a registration fee of $650 per person. This fee includes:
- Meals during the Institute,
- Enrollment in Institute sessions and workshops,
- Team/group consultations,
- SSI new participant orientation,
- Individual participant sessions,
- Materials, and
- Shuttle bus transportation between the UNCA campus and the SSI 2014 group hotels on all days of Institute activities.
More information on the registration fee will be provided to invited participants in April 2014, following application reviews.
Details on lodging options, and how to reserve a room, will be provided to SSI 2014 in the spring. Participants will be able to choose from two options:
- Hotel: SENCER has arranged a discounted group rate at two hotels in downtown Asheville, and will provide shuttle bus transportation from these hotels to the UNC Asheville campus for Institute activities.
- On-Campus: SSI participants also have the option of utilizing on-campus lodging. SSI participants will be in buildings with residence hall support, and with other SSI participants.
April 1, 2014
How to Apply
Please email your completed application to email@example.com by the deadline noted above.
Download an Application
For 2-3 people attending the Institute together.
For 4 or more people attending the Institute together.