Post-Institute Implementation Awards
NCSCE awards competitive Post-Institute Implementation Subawards following SENCER Summer Institutes (contingent on funding). These subawards are intended to promote the implementation or continuation of projects with an emphasis on developing measurable and achievable goals and innovative plans to acquire evidence of project outcomes.
Potential projects appropriate for sub-award applications include course/program development or redesign, campus-based faculty development initiatives, outreach to institutions or colleagues new to SENCER, or research into student learning, among others.
The National Center has an NSF-endorsed goal of bringing new institutions into the SENCER program. Thus, we are especially interested in proposals that include outreach to new institutions, multi-institutional collaborations, and proposals that lead to deeper engagement by institutions that have had only minimal contact with SENCER to date.
Successful applicants would include those who propose:
1. Planning activities that lead to full team applications to SSI 2017 or 2018,
2. Outreach to new institutions (especially community colleges) with whom the applicant institution has substantial transfer activity (or vice versa: outreach by community colleges to baccalaureate degree granting institutions),
3. Multi-institutional team development activities that include institutions new to SENCER or complex civic challenges not yet represented in the portfolio of SENCER model courses and programs, and/or
4. Projects that apply the SENCER ideals to introductory courses designed for students intending to major in the STEM fields or “linked-courses” or learning communities designed to pair teaching methods courses (teacher pre-service training) with introductory courses in the basic sciences.
The maximum amount for a sub-award is $3,000. The start date for the proposed project must be November 16, 2016.
Please note, if you have received an award in the past, a request for funding must be for a wholly new project. Funding is not granted to support continuation of a past project. Also, a given institution may submit only one application for an award per year. Please see the Project Guidelines and Restrictions (Application Page) for a complete list of allowable and non-allowable costs.
An executive summary of up to 300 words is required, as is a detailed budget and accompanying budget justification. The application form provides space to list any collaborators you may have on the proposed project.
1. What are the goals of your planned project?
2. How will you reach your target audience?
3. How will you evaluate the success of your efforts?
4. How will you share your work with the SENCER community and others?
The following questions will not apply to all applications:
- Outreach: If you are proposing to include outreach to an institution that has not already been affiliated with SENCER, please provide its name and a brief rationale.
- For institutions with SENCER work already in progress on campus: If this applies to you, how (if at all) does the project you propose now relate to the already existing work? If this does not apply to use, please skip the question.
SSI 2016 Post-Institute Implementation Awards
(11:59 p.m. local time)
2012 Awardees: Final report overdue